Acres of broad, sweeping lawns are planted with thousands of trees and shrubs. Plants have been selected for maximum color and beauty, from the dogwoods of spring to the red and gold of fall foliage. Pine trees, birch trees and junipers accent the winter landscape.
We have an extremely high standard for maintenance of the grounds. Lawns are neatly trimmed.
Ample, paved, off-street parking is provided. Garages are available TO RENT if you prefer.
- CAR WASHING
Car washing facilities have been provided in the rear of Studio 2.
- SECURITY GUARD
A guard is on duty evenings. The security phone number is (330) 608-1004.
- No solicitation is permitted in any of the buildings. Signs are posted prohibiting solicitations and handbills. Violations should be reported to the office.
- Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio is a city of 50,000 people. It has an excellent school system, police and fire department. Numerous large shopping centers are located within easy driving distance from Studio City. There are numerous churches of all faiths. A new natatorium and public library are available to residents. In a recent survey, Time magazine judged Cuyahoga Falls one of 25 best communities in the United States in which to live. The Route 8 Freeway bisects Cuyahoga Falls, and puts Studio City residents within minutes of the major area employers.
- We are fortunate to have three fine municipal parks in the area: Waterworks Park, Kennedy Park, and Munroe Falls City Park.
There is also a Metro Parks hike and bike trail located along the north bank of the Cuyahoga River that extends east to Kent, and northwesterly to the Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area and beyond.
Brookledge Municipal Golf Course with a driving range, miniature golf, skateboarding facility and batting cages is located on Bailey Road, just before Howe Road.
- CHARCOAL GRILLS
No charcoal grills are permitted above the first floor. This is against local fire code. We have provided a number of charcoal grills and tables at the rear of the grounds for your convenience.
- CLOGGED PLUMBING
NEVER flush sanitary napkins down water closets. Grease should not be poured down the drains. Clogged plumbing will result in costly repairs that will be charged to the resident.
All irregularities and requests for maintenance or repairs should be directed to our office located at the rear of Studio Four. The telephone number is (330) 923-0431. Emergencies will be given special and prompt attention. Our professional maintenance staff is fully bonded. As residents of Studio City, you will receive prompt and highly qualified maintenance service. No charge is made to residents for repairs for which they are not directly responsible.
- No items of any kind are permitted on the balconies or railings.
- Winter Parkway is a city street. Parking is permissible on one side of Winter Parkway in accordance with the signs. However, no parking is allowed when the snow ban is in effect.
- LOCKED OUT?
All locks are equipped with dead bolts. You must lock the door with a key when you leave your suite. If you lose your key contact Security or the Studio Club if the office is closed. A small charge may apply.
- ELECTRIC FAILURES
If any appliance or electric outlet fails to function, check the breaker switches. See that they are turned on before asking for assistance. Residents in Studio One should call the office or security immediately.
Each suite in Studio City is encased in 10” of reinforced concrete or masonry. The suites are fireproof, soundproof, cool in summer and warm in winter.
- APARTMENT TYPES
Studio City consists of Studios One, Two, Three, Four and Five. Sixty-two private garages are available. The Studio Club and our business office are both located in the complex. A resident may change to a smaller suite or larger suite
- ELEVATORS AND STAIRWAYS
All buildings except Studio Five have elevator service. Each building has fireproof stairway accesses. Furniture may be moved in the elevators.
Your suite is furnished with a refrigerator, range, disposer, and air conditioner. This is excellent equipment and should provide trouble-free service.
The entire Studio City complex is heated by clean electrical panels. All bedrooms and living rooms have individual thermostats that automatically control room temperature. A comfortable setting on your thermostat should be somewhere between "Minimum" and "Normal." IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO TURN THERMOSTAT UP DURING COLD WEATHER.
- Heat Thermostat - Just set lever at desired temperature.
- Thermometer - Gives temperature of the room. There are no Settings in connection with the thermometer.
- Master Control - This switch determines whether the furnace or the air conditioning is in operation. Simply move the control lever to "heat" for the furnace and "cool" for the air conditioning. Neither on is engaged when the lever is in the "off" position.
- Air Conditioning Thermostat - Again, simply set the lever at the desired temperature.
- Fan Control - The "on" setting means the fan runs continuously. When "auto" is in use, the fan runs only when the heat or air conditioning is in use.
- AIR CONDITIONING
Each suite is equipped with air conditioners with sufficient capacity to cool your suite in the hottest weather. The unit is designed for optimum cooling at the "LOW-COOL” setting, and only when the outside temperature rises to above 70° F. If the unit continues to operate while the outside temperature is below 70° (e.g. during the night), or if the thermostat is set too high, your air conditioner may form ice on the cooling coil.
If this occurs, set the unit on the "FAN" setting to defrost the coil. When cooling is resumed, set the thermostat to a lower level. IT TAKES THE AIR CONDITIONERS ONLY A FEW MINUTES TO COOL DOWN YOUR SUITE, SO PLEASE TURN OFF THE UNIT WHILE YOU ARE AWAY.
Upon moving in, the only responsibility you will have regarding utilities will be to call AT&T (phone number (800) 660-1000) and tell them your address and date of occupancy. If you have had no previous account with AT&T they will probably require a small deposit. In order to have service connected, it is necessary for you to plug your phone (either purchased or leased) into one of the many modular outlets in your suite. It is not necessary for AT&T to enter your suite to connect your service.
- LAUNDRY FACILITIES
Coin-operated washers, dryers, and laundry tubs are located in each building for your convenience. These laundry rooms are open at all times.
- CARPETS AND WINDOW TREATMENTS
All suites are fully carpeted with high-quality carpet and padding. Window treatments are furnished in each suite.
- Cable TV is available in all suites. Call Time Warner Cable, (330) 633-9044, for details.
- Individual mailboxes are located in the lobby of each building. Each resident has a key for this private mailbox. A mailbox for outgoing mail is located along Winter Parkway in front of Studio One.
- The main office of Studio City Apartments, is located at the rear of Studio Four. Office hours are from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon on Saturday. A mail slot is provided for your convenience when the office is closed.
- Studio City is on two bus lines. One goes to Downtown Akron, and the other provides service to Chapel Hill.
As all utilities are included in the rent, we strongly urge all residents to cooperate with us in conserving energy. A few helpful tips might include:
1. Turn off air conditioning when you are gone from the suite.
2. Turn down heat thermostat at night.
3. Turn off the lights and TV when you are gone from the suite.
Dogs and cats of certain sizes and species are permissible in certain locations ONLY. All pets must be approved and registered. Complete details are available at the main office.
As a resident you are automatically a member of the Studio Club. For you and your guests, we have provided a great many amenities and activities. We have a few regulations for everyone's benefit.
- STUDIO CLUB HOURS
Hours for various seasons are posted on the Club’s bulletin board. The Club is closed on certain holidays.
- CLUB MANAGER
The Studio Club has a full-time manager to assist you in enjoying the facilities or in planning private parties.
- PRIVATE PARTIES
The Main Lounge area has facilities and equipment for your use. These parties may be catered. Wood for the fireplace is furnished. These facilities are available at no charge to residents during club hours.
- GENERAL USE OF LOUNGE
Residents are invited to use lounge areas for cocktails, fellowship, and reading.
- SWIMMING POOL
The pool is chemically treated and inspected periodically by the health department. The water temperature is maintained at a comfortable level. Our pool is in operation during the summer month's. (Memorial Day to Labor Day) The sliding doors are opened and patio furniture is provided for sunbathing and relaxing.
- LOCKER ROOMS
Locker room and showers are provided for both men and women.
- TENNIS COURT
A regulation tennis court is located next to the office.
- CARDIO ROOM
A cardio exercise room is located in the upper level of the Studio Club for your use at no additional charge. We encourage you to contact our Club Director for further information on our facility. But before undertaking any exercise program, you may consult your physician.
- POOL TABLE
A pool table is located in the lower level of the Studio Club for your use at additional charge. See the Club Directors for Cues and Paddles.
SUMMARY OF AMENITIES AND ACTIVITIES
In the Studio Club and on the grounds we have provided this selection for your pleasure:
- LOUNGE AREAS
- TENNIS COURT
- PICNIC TABLES, BENCHES
- LOCKERS AND SHOWERS
- CHARCOAL GRILLS
- POOL TABLE
Certain Rules & Restrictions apply. Please see Clubhouse Director for details.
We of Studio City welcome you as a new resident and we will make every effort to make your stay a pleasant one.